10 Bible Verses to Uplift and Encourage You When Stressed
By John Callahan…
Whether it be a hard day at work, family trouble, health issues, heartache, depression, or a relationship that is causing stress in your life; there is always something in the Bible to look up to and lift us up when we are feeling down.
It is in God’s Word that we can find encouraging verses to uplift us and give us hope when we are down.
Below are 10 Bible verses that will bring the peace you are searching for:
1. “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” -Deuteronomy 31:8
2. “I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” -Psalm 16:8
3. “When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can [mere] man do to me?” -Psalm 56:3-4
4. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16.33
5. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 4:6-7
6. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” -John 14.27
7. “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” -Psalm 32:7-8
8. ‘I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure upon me of concern for all the churches.’ -2 Corinthians 11:27-28
9. “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.” -Psalm 34:17
10. “So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.” -Romans